Download the postal rate of Thailand Post :
(checked june 2009)
pdf A4 size - 80ko
Sending poste-restante mails
Send your letter to any post office in Thailand, with the office's name and postal code. Sample: for general post office of Bangkok :
General Post Office
- put sender coordinates (for sending back missing mails)
- Family name in underlined CAPITAL LETTERS.
Getting poste restante mails
Go to post ofice with :
- passport (or identity card for thais).
- pay 1 Baht per postal object or 2 Bahts per parcel.
- the mails are kept 2 months before being sent back to originated country.
[information checked in 2002]
Adresses of some others post offices
Bangkok Central Post Office
|Bang Rak area, Charoen Krung street,
between soi 32 and soi 34
Wat Muang Khae pier
skytrain BTS - station : Sathorn
||open from 8h to 20h monday to friday
and from 8h to 13h saturdays sundays and holidays
Ratchadamnoen Post Office - Bangkok 10200 (Khaosan road, soi Damnoen Klang Nua)
Chaweng Post Office - Koh Samui - Suratthani 84320 (at Koh Samui, on main road near Chaweng lake)
Thailand Post (www.thailandpost.com)
has been created on 14 aout 2003, after splitting of CAT in two companies
: CAT-Telecom and Thailand-Post.